Congratulations to our RIIS Hub Director and Head of School PSM Professor Nasser Khalili for his recent invitation to join the Australian Research Council’s 2024 College of Experts.
The ARC College of Experts supports the advancement of knowledge and contributes to national innovation, and it plays a key role in identifying research excellence for the ARC. Members of the College are experts of international standing drawn from the Australian research community: from higher education, industry and public sector research organisations.
Prof Nasser Khalili is a globally recognised expert in unsaturated soil mechanics and computational geomechanics, and is the Director and Lead Chief Investigator for the Research Hub for Resilient and Intelligent Infrastructure Systems (RIIS)
There are currently 269 members on the 2023 College of Experts, with 13 from UNSW.
Appointments are for a three year duration.
The College of Experts assists the ARC by:
- assigning external assessors
- assessing and ranking ARC grant applications submitted under the National Competitive Grants Program
- moderating external assessments
- providing recommendations for fundable applications to the ARC CEO
- assisting with recruiting through the nomination of new assessors
- providing advice for peer review reforms, and
- providing strategic advice to the ARC on emerging disciplines and cross-disciplinary developments.
Prof Khalili is no stranger to the work of the College, he was previously elected in 2018.